This Peaceful Home of War graphic was created in english and spanish.
I disagree with American involvement in foreign affairs and their assumed rights to act as the world’s policeman. Not everyone wants to live in a peaceful home of war and not everyone wants their way of life.
Would America allow foreign military bases in their country? But we have to tolerate their warmongering in our countries!
I was reading some statistics the other day that I found on the net adding credence to the thought that America is the peaceful home of war.
- America Has Been At War 93% of the Time – 222 Out of 239 Years – Since 1776
- Pick any year since 1776 and there is about a 91% chance that America was involved in some war during that calendar year.
- No U.S. president truly qualifies as a peacetime president. Instead, all U.S. presidents can technically be considered “war presidents.”
- The U.S. has never gone a decade without war.
- The only time the U.S. went five years without war (1935-40) was during the isolationist period of the Great Depression.
The secret empire
The US was the overwhelming choice (24% of respondents) for the country that represents the greatest threat to peace in the world today
I also found this Gallup poll of 68 countries.
2014 found the US as the greatest threat to peace in the world, voted three times more dangerous to world peace than the next country. (PDF here).
The next countries in order were Pakistan and China.
This was followed by
- Pakistan (8%)
- China (6%)
- North Korea (5%)
- Israel (5%)
- Iran (5%)
Respondents in Russia (54%), China (49%) and Bosnia (49%) were the most fearful of the US as a threat.